View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
CreateJoy
Yorkie Talker

Talking New members, Joy and Louis. Please share tips 4 teaching Yorkie tricks & obedience!

Hi Everyone! I am new to this board and have enjoyed reading everyone's stories for a few weeks now. Thought it was time to finally introduce myself. I am Joy and Louis Vuitton is my fur-baby. He's 5 months old. Louis is my happy, playful & obedient little guy and he loves car rides and hanging out in my tan Coach bag when we are out and about.

Just love love love the spunky, loving and boy-ish natures of the males. I'm hoping to put that puppy energy toward more productive uses (like dancing on his hindlegs, playing catch, hide-and-go-seek, coming to me wherever I am in the house to bark to be let outside to pee and poo, coming immediately when called no matter what, laying down, going to sleep on cue, keeping his head down when he's in my purse so I can take him to class , etc) .

Please share your step-by-step training tips here. I will start off with one I found from JuneBug when it comes to teaching your Yorkie to come the second you call him.

Quote:
Whenever you have some free time at home, practice calling Max's name from another room, and when he comes, give him a treat and praise praise praise.

Do that about ten times a day, and by the end of the week, he'll be coming to you everytime you call (hopefully!)

Be back a little later to post pics of Louis and share how I got my puppy 90% housetrained. (We haven't had an accident for 9 whole days now!!)

Joy
CreateJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!