View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
PennyNLola
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default HELP!!! Possible underbite and roachback???

Hi everyone!...Ok...So when I brought Lola to the Vet's @ 5months I was told she is great and very healthy by my Veterinarian. I was so pleased, and I called her breeder to praise her. I was so pleased to know that I have another happy and healthy pup in the family. Lola is now 9 months, and just had her first heat. I brought her again to the Vet's and we noticed that she has a slight underbite and the Vet believes she may be developing a roachback, but that he is not sure yet. I am to bring her again Fri to run some tests etc, if I decide. Now the underbite issue, is it a 100% genetic thing? Or could it be that her palates are still growing and forming and that the bottom has grown and the top hasn't yet? Because @ 5 months she had a beautiful scissor bite. I am not sure, so I did call her breeder. She says she never heard of the term Roachback but that she will fully support Lola's condition if in fact she does stay with an underbite and does develop a roachback. Which I am glad to hear. Also, the Vet said I should bring her back after she turns a year because by this point she is considered to have reached her adult structure. May she need some teeth pulled? Has anyone experienced this? Anything at all. I have done research and I have found these are genetic defects, if in fact they appear to be Lola's final structure. If this is the case, the breeder has agreed to refund me money because she is no longer "breeder quality" and is now "pet quality." and that she will pay for her to be spayed. Either way I love Lola and will not be getting rid of her or giving her back to the breeder and she will be spayed if this is the issue. Please reply with any helpful, friendly, and considerate information. Any suggestions, help, similar experiences???? Thanks alot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW LOLA LAYIN.jpg (27.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg NEW LOLA SPARKLE.JPG (16.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg NEW LOLA ALERT.JPG (16.8 KB, 84 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!