View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

I know everyone frowns on them going in their crates ... but ... because we travel by car so much, this is what we do and it works beautifully for Toto and for us! We have two "It's a Breeze" portable crates ... one for Patrick's truck and one that's a little smaller for my convertible. We place them directly behind the console facing forward and keep a little bed on the console. That way she naps on the console [or most of the time on my lap] and if she wants food/water or wee wee pad to potty, she simply goes in her crate and does her thing! If we are traveling in both vehicles she can ride with either of us and the only reason we have to stop are "human" breaks!! The other thing that I really like about this arrangement ... we don't let her on the ground very often and certainly not where other animals have gone potty! All rest areas have those darned signs ... "Pet Walk --> " ... or "No Pets" on bathroom doors! Hey, I have seen dogs on those pet walks that scare me ... can't imagine a little one like Toto feeling confident enough to relieve themselves with a huge dog standing there!! The only reason we ever zip the door closed is if we are out of the car for more than a couple of minutes and it's not in our sight ... it's not that we don't trust Toto in the car alone, but we don't want her in plain view for others to see her! These things work for us and Toto is just the best little traveler you could ever want!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!