Thread: Sad Situation
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #13
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

I'm sorry for what you're going through. My husband and I both suffer from allergies and we have some of the worst shedding pets available. We keep the dogs in the kichen with a baby gate and don't allow them run of the house. This keeps all of Bailey, my pug's hair confined to the kitchen. It also helps a lot with housetraining. Once in a while we let them where the carpet is but if the family wants to play with them we mostly play with them outdoors or go into the kichen to spend time with them. This way the hair is only in the kichen which can be swept away easily.
We also have a himalayan cat. She sheds a lot, but we have been lucky that she isn't the most social cat. Most of her hair ends up in little balls in the hallway that just need vacuuming once in a while. When she wants attention she comes close to you, but stays about about a foot away. She used to sleep in our bed but I had to stop that because it bothered my nose. We squirtted her with a bottle everytime she jumped on the bed which stopped that.
Anyways, I hope you don't have to find new homes for your pets. Definately talk to your son and ask him what he thinks. Odds are he's attached to them and is more than willing to try things to get them to stay. Or maybe you can still keep the pets that don't shed? Good luck.
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!