Thread: Sad Situation
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #1
yorkieangel
Rescue Angel

Default Sad Situation

I have been struggling for the past weeks trying to come up with a solution that would work , but have not come up with any.

For almost 5 years I have been running a rescue . At first it was touch and go because 1 of my children has allergies and we thought we would have to close everything down after the first year. But suddenly it was like he got immunity and he no longer was allergic to the anumals. WE decided it was just a matter of him developing immunities over a bit of time. Noww fast forward 5 years. Now one of my younger sons who never was too allergic before to things has suddenly become MISERABLE from the animals. We have tried everything but it seems no matter WHAT it is just the animals ... plain and simple ...that's it. It's not anything else or shampoos or cleaners or anything else... it's the animals. Closing the rescue I can do reluctantly as I have some foster people who would be willing to let the whole operation be run from their homes and I could still run the rescue... but it would also mean rehoming my personal pets . I would APPRECIATE any input from allergy sufferers as to what they have done when allergies have become unbearable for family members. Anything like shots or meds for my child is NOT an option. I would never subject him to this just to make myself happy.

Thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!