Thread: Neutering?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #7
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

StedmansMommy --

Most vets say a puppy can be neutered at around 6 months - so your little guy is near ready... (it can also be done later)....

If you can see or feel his testicles - they have dropped - mine were dropped at 8 weeks when I got him.

I really think you should address your concerns about the type of anesthetic that will be used with your vet. I think most vets (today) are very experienced with small little dogs like ours. My vet(s) told me that as time goes by they have more and more "little dog patients" because these little guys are becoming more and more popular. So - they see and take care of them on a daily basis - and believe me - "spaying and neutering" are procedures that they do a often.

Please discuss this with your vet - they will tell you about the different types of anesthetics available and the reasons for using them, etc. I know there are always a lot of horror stories going around, but they really are few and far between --- and there is no reason why a good vet couldn't take good and safe care of your little dog. Discuss your concerns with him.

Good luck! Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!