View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
dray
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb567
Hi all!
I have a 4 month old yorkie and I took him for his first groomer's visit today. I just got him this week but his coat didn't seem very well cared for so I though it would be a good Idea. I dropped him off at 10 and he wasnt ready until 3. I had to call at around 1 to ask if he would be ready before rush hour and they said fine. When I got there i found that my baby was completely shaven, and though it seemed like a good (no nicks)shnauzer shave, it was not what I wanted! Is this a sign that the groomer was too busy to comb him or could it just be because his hair was very matted as I thought it might be?

Whats worse is that they cut his beautiful inch and a half lashes off!!!! Do they grow back or should I be upset? If not what should i do about the groomer? It was a $50 cut!!!!!
Thanks!

You are supposed to take your dog to the groomer in good shape, that means combed out, she probably did the best she could with what you gave her to work with!!! If I have to comb a dog out it is 40.00 an hour on top of the grooming, if most people think about it , shaving it or at least cutting in short is the nice thing to do for a matted dog. Because of your admitted neglect, it was probably the most humane thing to do . So next time take your dog in, in good shape and have your pictures ready and you and your dog will be happier!!!

One thing we never do in our shop is shave a dog with out telling the owner before hand, we give them the option to take it back home and comb out the matts, it really is not something we like to do. We do not like causing any kind of discomfort to the dogs. Most of the time the owner does not want to pay extra for our time and effort and says , cut it off . The time your dog spent there is a bit excessive but some shops work that way. All most all of the dogs that come to our shop are out in one to two hours.

Debbie Ray
www.sumtoiyorkies.com
owner
Best Friends Pet Salon
Salem Oregon
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!