View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Lee,
I think they are all very cute. The greatest majority of Yorkie owners have no desire to show their pups and only want one to love. Even a show quality pup is not perfect. Your pups look very healthy and by just looking at the pictures I don't see any glaring defects. I don't show, but I am pretty sure they are probably not show quality, but they are excellent pet quality. The best coat is the straight silky coat and all show dogs would have this. Even pet buyers prefer this coat because it is easier to take care of and doesn't tangle. I can't tell what type of coats yours have.

Don't really understand when you say you haven't gotten any replies. Did you post on dogster to sell the pups or are you meaning people just haven't made comments or asked you to be their friend (don't know that much about dogster).

I think with the gas prices the way they are that is really causing people to watch their money and curb their spending. I was talking to someone who did garage sales for people for a commission and she said traffic was like 25% of what she is use to seeing.

Did you advertise in your local newspaper or Thrifty Nickel? I know the smaller Yorkies sell for more money and are higher in demand, at least with pet quality pups. I am sure you have been looking at and calling local ads, are you within their price range according to size? I thought I remembered you posting about not wanting them to go to homes with children. I have two girls (both on their own now) that were always raised with Yorkies without any problems from a very young age so I don't think you should dismiss a home just because they have children.

If you really want a "sound" breeding program you should be breeding dogs that are both within the standard weight and their ancestors are all within the standard weight. This makes the outcome and future generations more predictable.

Crystal
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!