View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #23
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Love

Well, I guess I took too long writing my last message - I lost it, so here it goes again.

I am the one that recommended that this forum be added (Showing) originally and did so because I thought it would be great to learn from one another, pass on our own knowledge, share wins, and become friends with one another.

I use to show years ago and made some really good friends and if I met them again I am sure we would be able to catch up where we left off. This is what I hope for again.
I took a break from showing to raise a family of my own and for me it was just too hard taking care of the human babies and then to also have to take care of the fur babies. But now my kids are all grown up and I am ready to return to showing again. Did the politics turn me off from showing again - no! It is just a part of life and you learn not to listen and trust in yourself.
Yes, I had a handler in the past but because it was just better economically. I just could not afford to drive to all the shows. I plan to show myself this time, but if I need to hire a handler again I will.
We as exhibitors can also make sure that things are ethical because I choose which shows I enter my dogs in.
I have learned a lot this year since my husband almost died earlier this year and that is life is short - make friends and be the best person you can - that means help one another no matter what.
I hope that when I see others at a show - I will make new life long friendships. Taking turns winning is just a part of showing - but friendships are a lifetime.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!