View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 06:08 AM   #20
fieristar
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Lightbulb Good yorkies, good breeding and real friends.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Here's the new showing forum! Enjoy!
Telling the truth about dog showing and show breeders.....so think hard about what you are getting into!......

I agree totally with your insightful observation of who has hurt whose feelings....Hi, Ricki, my good friend and confidant....Ricki has done more for dogs than most people out there....she was lucky to have been able to purchase good foundation stock that was not sold with outrageous contracts, she studied the breed for over a year before buying her foundation stock, she takes exquisite care of her dogs and is the best professionally trained groomer I have seen. She also cares so much about other dogs and pets and has helped many people by buying them things for their dogs/pets. She has the cadillac of grooming salons, just ask her how much she spent of the all breed bathing tub and hydralic tables she has.....She also previously dedicated much of her life to protecting the public by being a police officer...she also has attended college and is multilingual....she reads books that are 4 inches thick for fun!!....Ricki is a true friend she learned by making her own mistakes what breeding is all about and is highly intelligent. She also in her spare time which is very little to taking care of her father-in-law who is 89 years old and grooms his cats for him....Stating that UKC or other championships other than AKC or Canadian championships are worthless is a direct indication why so many people are turned off from purebreds because of the huge swelled heads and ASSES that wealthy show people have.....then there are the semi-wealthy show breeders who throw down a third place ribbon outside of the gate of a yorkie specialty in disgust because a wealthier well-known politically higher yorkie breeder/judge won over her dog. AKC is all politics and judges give other judges the points over the newer owner/handlers that is why one has to hire a professional handler to finish their dogs AKC championships! Yes, AKC is harder than UKC but there is also other countries that have even harder requirements to finish a dog than the U.S. Does "serious" people interested in breeding and showing only mean the ones with money? Does a low income mean that the person is too stupid to breed correctly or have the ability to learn genetics and be able to watch and observe the dogs that win in the ring and why and watch gait, movement, and the politics of the judges who almost always give the winners dog/bitch to other breeder/judges or professional handlers? And if you are from Canada and come into the U.S. and are wealthy and in the Canadian Yorkie Association almost always the points go to them for having traveled so far....I am not saying their dogs are not the best but I have seen better dogs in their line than some that complete their championships such as no neck or a heavier too dark of a coat and long body (not as balanced as their other champions). I have seen long time breeder judges that are putting dogs in the ring that are absolutely terrible but will win because they are old and well-known and have friends that are other judges so that long bodied, big eared, long muzzled, light coated dog becames a champion because of politics not because the dog is a good specimen just out of respect for the elderly show breeder/judge. It is real hilarious the statement that some have ears but do not hear and some of eyes but do not see because the one that said it is deaf, blind, and has no heart left in her at all only dollar signs and ego and doesn't have any real friends that love you for who you are but only for getting her dogs.......This same person stated "that if one works for a non-profit organization for people less fortunate than you and don't get paid a high wage for doing so then you are ignorant and a worthless individual". This is what the YTCA is coming to, poor sportmanship, not helping novices, belittling people, taking advantage of people who have not studied the breed and selling them pet quality as show quality, judges who are charging handling fees against the rules of AKC, not willing to part with their bloodlines to normal people, that they try to control dogs in the future that don't even have their names on the registration papers, by belittling and threatening people that they are going to blackball them!!!!This is why mutts called designer dogs are being bought for thousands of dollars because of the swelled heads that show breeders have!!!! When thousands of mongrels are being destroyed in our animal shelters every year. Why breed dogs in the first place if you are not willing to part with your puppies? How do newcomers get into the breed if no one is willing to sell them a dog without outrageous stipulations and strings attached for years to come down the line? What happened to gently urging newcomers to buy the right breed books, subscribe to the breed magazines, attend dog handling classes, and watch as many dog shows and specialities as possible to educate them not FORCING THEM to sign contracts for life, FORCING THEM to show whether they are ready to or not? Just an observation and I admire, respect and love Ricki as my good friend and she has beautiful yorkies and she will continue to learn as she goes along just like everyone else that breeds quality dogs!!! Love ya, Ricki!
fieristar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!