Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 04:47 AM   #1
mumofhamish
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile Introduction

[F][/FONT]

Hi there everyone,
I'm new to this Yorkie talk. My name is Jennifer and I have a one and 5 month old yorkie named Hamish. He is a healthy happy 6lb, neutered male. I cannot believe how much a part of the family he became, and how very quickly too.
Since I was a wee girl, I had always admired the Yorkshire Terrier. As a child we had a Carin Terrier, and as a young adult I got a Westie. (who I still have, she's an ol' gal now, at 13, sleeps ALOT) My father passed away suddenly while out walking his dog (a collie/lab ) and after the inital shock of it all, I realized that life is short, and that I should stop dreaming of yorkies and start looking. So I got a hold of a couple of Yorkshire terrier books, subscribed to Dogs In Canada, got the Dogs Annual and started calling and researching breeders. Finally (after a couple of months of breathing everything to do with yorkies ) I found the one that I was most comfortable with, and met my Hamish. I waited for him to be ready to go, about a month. He melted my heart, and I'm hooked.
In the last year I've also started reading about grooming and breeding. Both are areas that I would like to get into. If anyone out there grooms or breeds and has any information to share, I'd be grateful.
Hope you all have a Yorkie day!
Jennifer
mumofhamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!