View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #12
Chelsea'sMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

LOVES to be outdoors!

Chelsea loves being out doors...we have a rock wall that surrounds our yard, but we do have a pool, and that worries me.

Few weeks ago, she fell in, caught her doing laps, too funny! Luckily she is 10 lbs, and a good swimmer, but she was very angry, when I went outside, she swam on her own to the steps and got out....but she angrily barked at me. I think she prefers the water to be warmer!

SO now, I check on her more frequently if she is out alone, but she loves the yard, brings me all kinds of "trophies"--flowers, twigs, leaves, pinecones, sprinkler bubblers, feathers, etc.and she loves to DIG! I think she is tunneling to China. She also loves the lawn sprinklers, which are set on automatic timer, but if she hears them turn on, she barks, is ready to play in the water. If I need to do stuff, where I cant be checking on her, I make her stay indoors, but she isnt happy, so I treat her to a Greenie...the old bribe trick.

It will soon get to hot, for her to be outdoors, our summers can get up to 102*, so then she will need to be out just when its early. More Greenies, I guess!

Chelsea'sMom
Chelsea'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!