View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkienewbie
I am trying to get Hailey(whom is paper trained )to go potty outside.She does pee but she won't poop! Everytime i know she has to go poop i take her outside and she makes me wait forever without doing nothing then, as soon as she comes into the house she goes straight to the papers so i pick her up and take her back outside (this process repeats several times).I keep papers down because it's not easy for me to take her outside to go pee every so often since i live on the 2nd floor and i have several stairs to do.Anyway, the other night she had to go poop bad so i took her out and she made me wait 1 &1/2 hour!!!!!!!Then she finally could not hold it anymore and she did it but that was the only time.
Also, last weekend i was at a friend's house for a couple of days and she was doing good there.Everytime i would say "Go potty "she would do it within 5-10 minutes.Why doesn't she do it here? This is getting so frustrating! Am i doing something wrong?Should i get rid of the papers inside?Maybe it's getting her confused.Any advice would be appreciated.
She doesn't do it at home because she beleves that the pap[er is where you want her to go at home. Have you tried taking the paper outside with you? That might work. If it does, then start taking smaller and smaller pieces out until she will go without the paper, or at least goes with just a small piece. Then use the paper to pick it up and throw it away. LOL
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!