View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
BonamassaGirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar's Mummy
is he still in the same room with you - can he see you even though he's in his crate? He may just be panicked because he can't see you. I would also try getting him used to it for shorter periods during the day - even sit outside the crate for a bit while he's in there and reassure him that it's ok - if he's quiet, reward him. I definitely think having him in the same room in a spot where he can still see that you are there will help.

You are so right! Schatzi is like that sometimes, and also she does not like to have her crate on the floor. I just put her crate on the couch, or have her crate elevated somehow and she doesn't make a peep. When she first came home, I always had her in her crate at night, but the first week I had her crate on my nightstand, with the door facing me so she knew I was right there. She did great. Then after that, I had her in her crate on the couch facing me when it was her bedtime and she did okay. Now, She sleeps downstairs in her crate every night, but she still needs to have her crate on the couch. I cover the sides with a towel and she is just fine .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!