View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #11
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie
This is more of a question about health contracts than an answer. Do any of them ever include a clause saying part of the buyer's money will be refunded if they choose to keep the pup and use the money for surgery to repair a congenital disorder?

I'm thinking of the person who falls in love with a pup and discovers it has a treatable form of liver shunt.

It just seems like it would be costing the breeder the same amount of money whether they refund the money or provide a replacement dog. Why not do the thing that would make everybody the happiest?

A spay or neuter clause would be mandatory in such a situation.
Most breeders I've heard of offer either option. "I'll give you another puppy or I'll refund your money up to the purchase price." Most breeders I've heard of know that the new parents have fallen in love with the sick baby and don't ask for it back. How could anyone who loves these little guys ask that of someone? My mentor just replaced a dog of that was 5 years old, it wasn't liver shunt but it did cause the dog to have to be put down. She didn't have to after that long but she likes to keep good will with her customers and she relys a lot on word of mouth. Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!