View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #7
BonamassaGirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

I actually have 2 tattoos in Japanese characters, one means "mother" I got it after my last child was born, I plan to add to it later incorporating my children's names but haven't decided on the design yet. But there are many symbols for the different meanings of mother, they can mean his mother, your mother, her mother, etc. You really have to do your homework and make sure you're getting the right translation-

The other one of mine, I designed for my sister and me, we have the same tattoo design on the same place on our bodies, but her japanese characters in the design translate to little (younger) sister, and mine translate to big(elder)sister. You better believe I had those symbols triple checked before I got them!! I love my tattoos, though, and didn't get them until I was a little older- plus they have significant meaning, so they are really special to me...

that article was funny! and also too true! I actually knew a guy in the Marines once who got a little drunk and had the Marines' symbol tattooed on his arm. Trouble is, the tattoo artist wasn't experienced, and put the template on his arm completely backwards! The only way it looked right was in the mirror- I had a good laugh over that one!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!