View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #15
ytsirk27
BANNED FOR SCAMMING MEMBERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
Ytsirk -- I, too, would like to hear Livingdustmops response.

I'm afraid that even though you have the very best intentions in the world (they are wonderful), you may not realize what you might be getting yourself into.

$$$ are certainly a part of this - but you need a facility - vet care - food - 24/7 care for these animals - what to do with those that might not be adoptable - spaying/neutering (or you'll be having puppies) - and a hundred other things that I'm not even considering right now.

And - I wouldn't doubt that there are laws in your area regarding an undertaking of this sort. For instance, we can't have over four dogs (or perhaps three) in the county that I live in.

I'm sure you may also encounter needing licenses - and will need to pay for these and possibly other fees as well.

I also know that where I live - people cannot just go out and collect money or donations for something like what you're planning on doing. You'll need to check the city or county ordinances prior to trying to collect any donations for anything.

----------

I would suggest that you start with one or two dogs - take good care of them and find wonderful homes for them - This would be a wonderful thing for you to do - plus it would provide you with experience doing this.

******* You may be interested in this. Our humane society lets people provide foster care for some of their animals (sick animals that are being treated - dog and cats with babies - animals recovering from surgery, etc.) until they are able to be adopted. You would probably love doing this.

**** I have to be honest with you - if a person came to me and wanted money to help take care of animals that they were caring for on their own in their own home - without it being a bonified licensed setup with appropriate facilities -- I wouldn't donate. I do give to the Human Society - I think a lot of us do.

Best of luck - I know you can find some way to work with and help some of this unfortunate animals. Your heart is in the right place.

Carol Jean
so ppl that try to take care of neglected pets...they arent as good as the humane society because of donations? Sorry but the so called shelter here has 100,000 DOLLARS and hasnt done crap. Im atleast trying to do something. They have things called governments grants to help so i think ill be ok to get all my stuff with or WITHOUT anybody. Dont worry I wont ask you for a donation!!
ytsirk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!