View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Me - SnowWa!!!!

I definitely didn't make my story up. I got my pup from the small petstore (here in Spokane) last November on my way home from work. And, I have him today - a healthy happy little dog at 10 or 11 months of age.

Remember, I said that this is a family-owned pet store. This store existed forever here in Spokane -- long before Petco and Petsmart even existed.

I remember years ago when this store was run by the father. Today, he is still around, but older, and a not-so-young, grown up son (or two sons) are pretty much in charge.

This store has never changed locations - it sells pet supplies, grooms, and usually has a few puppies or kittens for sale....not a lot of them by any means.

I paid $850 for my pup --which, I think, was a fair price. He's larger than standard (and they told me he might weigh between 5 and 10 pounds) - but let me tell you, he is a very handsome little guy -- very Yorkie!! And, he is laid back, but playful and affectionate, and not a barker. He has won the hearts of my whole neighborhood as well as my family. We have never had a health problem of any kind. And, he was a good size and eating very well when I got him.

He told me about the owner when I bought the pup (said she was a friend of his - they met each other years ago because they were both Yorkie owners) - but I would never have gotten to know her unless I tracked her down from the papers that I received in the mail several weeks later. I was pleasantly surprised when she returned my E-mail - and we have E-mailed several times back and forth since then.

Of course, I would have no reason to tell you anything other than the truth. I totally agree with all of you about the larger chain pet stores and puppymills, etc.

Just wanted to point out that here or there - you may run across an exception to the "petstore rule."

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!