View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
dizpatch
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I just flew from WA to Florida on American Airlines. It is a first come first serve you have to let them know when you book your ticket, also the way they had me do it was I had to pay for phoebe when I checked my bags. It was $80 each way. Also this was the first time I have seen an airline crack down on carry ons. They were actually counting & checking overages. Your are limited to 1 personal bag(purse) & 1 carry one, they count the dog as a carry on even though you pay extra to do this. Also I found this out like at the last minute. I had taken her in for shots & my vet asked me if I needed a health cert. I said no, because I had checked with the airline & also the web site and they did not require it. The vet seemed puzzled by this, so I said I would call and double check. I called AA and asked them again about the health cert and again I was told no I did not need it to fly. I said are you sure and she said this is where it gets a little confusing, the airline doesn't require you to have a health cert. But there is a dept that does require it and they can stop you in the airport & check the animal & ask you for your health cert and if you do not have it, then guess what ? You can not board the plane with the animal. I did ask the question so then why don't you require it rather than tell people they do not need it? Answer I was given...that's a good question. BTW a health cert is only good for 15 days at least in WA

Muriel
dizpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!