View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #15
Kizzys Mom
YT 500 Club Member

well i just started asking kizzy if she wanted a cheerio. (she knows exactly what that is lol). i would say lay down and she would lay down, then i would tell her to cry and she would try to jump up and take it so i would make her lay back down. and if she wants something bad enough she will kinda make a whining sound or speak. everytime she would bark and get up i say no no. lay down, when she laid down i would tell her to cry, then she was laying down and barking, then i would make a whining noise and say ok cry and she would speak loud, i say no, then she would speak a little lower and i say no, cry and everytimg she would get down to that little squeaky whiny voice i would give her the cheerio. But she wont do it every time yet. It takes me several times to get her to cry but I have figured out i always have to say laydown and cry. for her to do it. even if shes already laying down. if I just say cry, she just lays there and looks at me. finally she'll get up and i say laydown and cry and she will lay down and like i said, sometimes she does the speak and i wont give it to her but everytime she would (I suppose, accidentally) whine I always give her a cheerio and tell her good girl. I've only been doing this off and on since Sunday evening. maybe 3 times a day. So sometimes she is hard headed and she'll just lay over on her side and take her paws and rub her eyes and i still give her one . But I will just keep doin it with her and soon she will do it most everytime if she learns it as fast as everything else i've taught her to do. I would like her to lay on her side and rub her eyes and whine every time but thats gonna take a long time if ever. So if she just lays down and whines or squeaks that good enough. I havent even tried it today. If she just ate a while before she just flatly refuses to do it. But other stuff she will do for a cheerio if she just finished eating. you just have to have patience and try it your way until they get the hang of it. I am not good at training dogs with tricks. She is just a smart little girl and catches on fast. not to hand signals but to verbal commands.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!