View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Geanalyn
Yorkie Yakker

Default Breeding questions .. please help

Right now, we have our boy Lucky who is 1year and 8months old who is in heat. Our family is ready to get a companion for Lucky, but we're unable to find another yorkie. We prefer to get a female so that we can breed them. Because we're unable to find another yorkie for sale around our area for a good price, I decided to contact the lady who I purchased Lucky from. She happens to have another liter ready to be for sale next week and because i've done business with her in the past, she's giving me a GREAT price for another one. They came from the same father, but different mom.

My question is, for dogs, will it be ok to breed them? Being that they both came from the same father but different mothers. So half siblings.. Or will there be any problems/genetic complications if we do decide to breed them?

I can also go for a male (which would be his half brother) but would really rather get a female companion for him. Should I go for this? or keep looking? only reason I am really considering is because of the fact that i'm getting a very good price for a yorkie, and know for a fact that she will always be under 5 lbs and very small like our Lucky as well.

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks,
Cris
Geanalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!