View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
Amber_lv
Peeka Boo I See You!
Donating Member

Angry Question About Puppy Mills Please Read!

Ok i went with my friend today because she was looking for a sugar glider so we went to a pet store well when we first walked in the smell about made me pass out! well we walked over to the areawhere they keep them but they didn't have any but right next to it they had a huge selection of puppies! Obviously i wouldn't buy one but we did look at them there was a cocker spaniel pup who had diareah so bad he couldn't find a new place to poop let alone lie down, there was a mini shnouser that had diareah all over him from the pup above him and they were in like a plexiglass front with a wood backing stacked on top of eachother no bars for air to get in or out and i was sweating out in the open i couldn't imagine how they felt! Well my friend seen the cutest tiny chiuaha and she was asking some questions about it like if it was papered and stuff. Well knowing about pet stores and puppy mills i butted in and asked where he gets his puppies from and this is what he told me " I get my puppies from a broker that is how it's done now" so i asked him don't you mean a puppy mill? He said" there is no such thing as a puppy mill anymore that peta is showing videos that are like 20 yrs old and that stuff isn't done anymore" Well i asked him what he thought was the difference between a broker and a puppy mill and he told me"people in the mid us all they do is breed dogs so they have 6-20 dogs that are breeding at once they keep them in industrial coups like industrial chicken coups and then they sell them to the brokers and i buy them from there and have them shipped by truck to me" He must have seen the look of disgust on my face because he quickly added " not semi trucks like a little van"(Whats the diff right) he also said " no one could keep up with the amount of dogs i sell to buy them locally so i buy them else where. I was so flamin i about smacked the guy for being so stupid i said oh wow really and turned to my friend rolled my eyes and said lets go. So i guess my question is this is there any truth to what he is saying? Also my friend asked how big the dog would get and he told her under 3 lbs how could he know this when he knows nothing about the parents?
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!