View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
Gayle_T
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Our Parrot and our Yorkie

We have a 10 year old Red Bellied Parrot named Wrigley. He is fun and talks. Lots of personality! We've had him when our Schnauzer was still alive and our Silkie, who died this year. When Wrigley found he was our only pet I guess he enjoyed things even more. We told ourselves that we were not going to get another dog since we travel a lot and we've been taking pets with us everywhere.... (Life would be much simpler) BUT..... We couldn't stand being without a "Baby".....so we got "Taylor" who is almost 4 1/2 months now. He is such a JOY! Wrigley knows what to say and what sounds to make to control our house. He has me running to the microwave..... because I hear the sound beeping that the food is done.... He rings his cell phone ring and I run to the phone just to find that no one is calling me.... He calls me in our daughters voice just to find she's not even in the house. He then laughs..... WELL... Taylor, our new little Yorkie is in his cage in his bathroom when we go to bed. Taylor is so good....but as a "Mommy" my ears are tuned to hearing any whimper or yip that he might make because he's awake in the morning. Wrigley (da Parrot) has been scolded the last few mornings for Ringing and Ringing his phone noise so early (5:30 a.m.) We try to ignore it but it has such a pitch that I'm afraid it will wake our neighbors..... Wrigley has decided on a new tactic..... He starts barking and whining......and he finds "Momma" racing out of bed to take Taylor to his piddle pad, just to find that Taylor is still sound asleep! Wrigley then just laughs..... I love the Dog Whisperer show... but I also need a BIRD Whisperer to stop this!

"Tired Momma of Wrigley and Taylor"
Gayle_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!