View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyandTiffy
Please carefully screen prospective homes and insist on spay/neuter certification before releasing registration.
I am not a breeder, yet, I plan on starting next year, I have been doing all the research until then. I believe you should insist on spay/neuter certification before releasing registration because there are too many negatives to owning a dog that is not spayed/neutered. Most people who want to breed will want the registration papers so they can sell the puppies for more. With holding the registration papers until the pup is spayed/neutered, you are less likely that the new owners will breed the dog. Also like I said, there are many negatives to owning a dog that is not spayed/neutered. For one, if they are not spayed/neutered, they are more likely to get cancer. Two, you are responsible for the puppy's lives, you are entrusting them to the new owners. That being said, you don't want any accidents or irresponsible people breeding the puppy you sold them. There is no good reason not to spay/neuter the pups. One reason why I will have a spay/neuter contract is because around here there are alot of puppy mills, and they are very good at what they do and are very conviencing. I could never live with myself knowing that I sold a puppy who would become a puppymill dog. Having a spay/neuter contract has the puppy's best interest and well being in mind. So all in all, having a spay/neuter contract is the best for the puppy and ensures a good life for the puppy.

I hope this helps your question!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!