View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #7
icy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Lites
Hi

First of all I want to thank you all for the kind words in regards to my site and my yorkies.

In regards to the comment below which is stated as a education comment, this comment was stated to point out that dogs under three pounds can and do have major health problems.

Yorkies make wonderful family pets but caution is a must when owning a yorkie puppy or adult especially around children. The Yorkshire Terrier can live up to 15 years with the proper care. If you are interested in a teacup yorkie or miniature yorkie I would not suggest owning one under three pounds. My vet states that yorkies of this size have more health problems in life.

My site is to educate people. In order to educate, I use the common terminology that many people use when doing a search on the internet about yorkies. So many people believe that there are teacup and miniature yorkies and they do type these words in the search engines all of the time. I can educate and educate them but it does not stop them from thinking that there are yorkies of this type.

If one reads my info on my puppy page which I have stated below or you can visit my site to read more at.... http://www.northern-lites.com/Puppies/Puppies.htm I do include this statement explaining that there is no such classification pertaining to the yorkshire terrier breed.

At times we have smaller yorkies, some people call them teacup yorkies or miniature yorkies. These types of yorkies are yorkies that are too small for showing or breeding. People think there are teacup yorkies or miniature yorkies but in reality these types of yorkies are just small yorkies.

I hope I have cleared up any concerns about using the terms teacup or miniature yorkies.... if you have any questions please ask...

Northern Lites
http://www.northern-lites.com
I'm so glad you could join us!! Thanks for clearing up the teacup/miniature matter!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!