Thread: Tick removal
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #3
kriston
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I have to share a bit of info from my vet this week... My DH and I are getting ready to buy a farm and we were looking at the land a few weeks ago. Somehow I got a tick on me and I didn't find it when I checked that night, because it was behind my ear. About 24 hours later I had an itch behind my ear and I felt something. DH removed it and I became ill within 36 hours. Symptoms included swollen and feverish lymph nodes, headache, fever, muscle/joint soreness, and vomiting. Since then, I have taken 2 rounds of antibiotics and I am still not feeling 100% better and my lymph nodes and ear began to swell again this weekend. I have never had anything like this happen before and I grew up on a farm where there were lots of ticks. We'd just grab them and pull them out and never give it a second thought. This particular bite was a real eye opener guys!!! Anyhow.... I told our vet about it this past week and he told me from now on to glob Vick's VaporRub on it and the tick will back right out. Of course, the Vic's won't keep you from getting sick, but it will make the removal easier. Just thought I should share this information in hopes that it may help someone else.

Kriston
Very Proud to be Lola, Ted, & baby Chip's Human!
"Puppy kisses are GOOOOOD medicine!"
kriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!