View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

My dogs and cats throw up occasionally - and it has never been a problem - other than, they just do it!

But your little guy has thrown up several times over a longer period of time, so I'd suggest keeping an eye on him. It think that even though he has thrown up a few times, the best indictor of how he is is how he feels. Is he being his usual self, being playful, affectionate, etc. If so, I wouldn't be too worried. If it were something really serious, it would probably have developed into something more serious (with his acting sick) by now.

Sometimes this heat or even other things (something he ate yesterday) can cause a temporary bout of throwing up.

Continue to let us know how he's doing. Keep him drinking fluids - and don't force food down him for a day or two. The last thing an upset stomach needs to do is work at digesting food. Sometimes their little tummys (and ours) need a rest.

PS: I'm not necessarily suggesting this, but when my pup seems to have an upset stomach, I give him a Tums. I know a Tums won't hurt him, and I can't help but feel that it will cut down on the acid (like it does for us) and make him more comfortable.

Good luck- Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!