View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #4
fasteddie
YT 6000 Club Member

teek441: I think you are a bit out of line here. Comparing a living, breathing being to a glass of water is ridiculous. I also don't think you'll get any sympathy from a forum of dog owners and dog lovers so I don't know what the point is with your post.

Here's the update to the story:
---
JEFFERSON COUNTY - Ryan Turtura, who pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges in November, has been sentenced to 10-and-a-half years in prison and three years of mandatory parole.

The sentence is one of the first times that a defendant will serve time in state prison on animal cruelty charges. The state Legislature made animal cruelty a felony in 2003.

Turtura stole five puppies from the Colorado Humane Society last February. He poured accelerant on three of them and set them on fire. Two of the puppies died. A third survived and is now living with a family in Littleton.

Turtura said he pleaded guilty to the charges against him on the advice of his lawyer. He later changed his story and maintained his innocence.

At the sentencing hearing on Friday, prosecutors said Turtura killed the puppies in cold blood and hasn't shown any remorse. The judge sentenced him to the maximum penalty.

Turtura was also sentenced for a single, unrelated count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, in which he admitted methamphetamine to two teenage girls.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ryanturtura.jpg (2.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg ashley.jpg (10.0 KB, 7 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!