View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
Catrina
I love my lil wolf! ;)
Donating Member

Cry Allergic Reaction!!!

I just took Princess to the vet, she was suppose to have her Rabies and Bordetella, but then they asked if I wanted to have her Rabies done too so I didn't have to come back next month. Even though that's a lot of shots, I decided to.. now I wish I hadn't!

After her shots, we went home and she was fine, THEN she kept rubbing her face on the ground. I thought she was just being her little silly self, but she kept doing this for 20 mins straight. Finally I picked her up and looked at her face and her eyes were SUPER SWOLLEN and SUPER PINK!!!

I was soooo scared I just rushed her back to the Vet and they gave her ANOTHER shot (poor baby!) because of the allergic reaction and said it's gonna make her really sleepy today. They said its common for smaller dogs to have an allergic reaction when you have the Bordetella (Intra Trac) and Rabies shot together.

So just a warning.. if you are going to be in the same situation as I was, be aware that your dog may have an allergic reaction, so in my opinion, you should have them done at different times just to be on the safe side!!
Catrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!