View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 08:15 AM   #6
jmetts
YT Addict

Thanks for the ideas!

So far, Snickers hasn't tried to go up the stairs & I always carry him up. If I go up without him then I give the sit & stay command. Hopefully this will continue to work.

I never thought of netting, maybe this would work. The rails are rod iron & they round out, so I don't think that plexi glass would work. But netting & plants will work & probably look good too.

I have thought of having gates made in the same rod iron design to block both sets of stairs, but that will cost a lot of money & I'd have to save for awhile to do this.

My fiance is a builder & sometimes we show our own houses.....that's why he's so picky. He's also not a pet person, at all! It took me four years to convince him to let me get a dog. Not that I take orders, I just believe that getting a dog is much like deciding on having a baby & on this issue both partners have to agree. He has since fallen in love with Snickers (although he won't admitt it)......but I've caught him snuggling up with him I am very careful to clean up accidents before he can discover them though!!
jmetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!