Thread: Veggies
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 01:19 AM   #2
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
My Sadie Girl turned four today. I have had her for 15 months, and it has truly been a joy. Not only does she give me so much love and joy, she does the same for my elderly parents who are obsessed with her. This Yorkie can do no wrong. I am so lucky. My parents even gave her money to cover vet bills, groomers, clothes, etc. It probably sounds weird, I know, but it was all in fun. I don't have
human children, so my folks basically did it because they give money to their grandchildren for their birthdays. They refer to her as their Grand dog. She even got a cute doggie card. I am seeing a new side to my parents. LOL

Ok, in all seriousness I have a question.

I just found out that Sadie likes lettuce, watermelon, and
tomatoes. I don't give her much but I am wondering if this is OK?

My feeling is that the lettuce and watermelon is OK, but I am concerned about the acidity in the tomatoes.

Thanks.

Kate
You are one lucky dog, Sadie Girl! I'm glad everyone appreciates you and gives you the love a grand dog deserves.

Here's a site someone posted on bad foods. I looked at it quickly, and your suspicions were correct about tomatoes. They are bad for dogs, especially green tomatoes and tomato leaves. Check it out:

http://mooreshaven.com/pets/dogs/saf...foodslist.html

Last edited by alaskayorkie; 07-15-2006 at 01:22 AM.
alaskayorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!