View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
home zoo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Clock Bella's 1st heat

Hi experts! Bella is 8mo and this week began her 1st heat cycle. Bella is too young to be a momma, so Rags (our male) is wearing a wrap for now when family is away and Bella wears a diaper. I bought two brands for Bella at since I wasn't sure which one would fit better. It seems like she has a small rear since the diapers look like they are going to fall off (droopy dry diapers). The hole looks like it would give Rags easy access, and it doesn't help that Bella is unappreciative of her new clothes because she keeps tucking her tiny tail back in most of the time. Has anybody tried real diapers for preventing mating? Would you cut out a hole just big enough for her tail? Put her tail inside the diaper? Close off the holes in diapers? Rags will have to get used to his wrap full time until this is over (he barks when it's on or won't walk). I know week two is the time to really watch them and even confine one to another sealed off room. Normally they both sleep with daughter, but Bella may have to get kicked out of the room each night just for peace and quiet and 100% prevention. Any ideas for us?
home zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!