View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
admin
Administrator

How often can I bathe my Yorkie? What type of shampoos, conditioners, and or oils should I use?

* Some Yorkies are bathed more often then others, it depends on your Yorkie’s coat and skin type. Some Yorkies experience dry skin and can not tolerate often bathings, others are bathed 2-3 times per week. Once a week is usually sufficient in keep your Yorkie clean with daily brushings. Many Yorkie owners find that a small wash cloth to wash up their Yorkie’s face daily works well in between bathings. Also, if your Yorkie has a lot of eye boogers near the eye area, you can use a flea comb to clean the eye boogers out. Most Yorkie owners brush their Yorkies daily, the length of time of brushing may depend on the length of your Yorkies coat, the longer the coat, the more you may need to brush it.

* Any pet shampoo/conditioner should work on your Yorkie. Most products are of personal preference. Many claim that using “human” products do not have the correct PH level and are not recommended to use on Yorkies. Again, most is of personal preference and what seems to work best for your Yorkie.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!