View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
k3teejay
No Longer a Member

Default So TeeJay's back from his orthopedist and...

he DOES NOT have luxating patella! yesssssss! However, he does have extremely mild arthiritis in his hips which his orthopedist said it's not something to worry about. She said the cause of his "skipping" is unknown. She thinks he might of hurt his leg somehow and pulled a muscle. The thing is, he's been skipping for months! Anyway, she said sometimes it wont heal if the dog is very active, jumping around everywhere. And well, that's TeeJay! So now I have to sort of "proof" the house and make sure he doesnt jump on anything which is near impossible to do. The orthopedist actually had to sedate him to get the x-rays. He's really groggy as we speak but he's still jumping (trying to) all over the place and he can barely walk straight! TeeJay is one hyper pup!

Anyway, I am sooo glad I got a 2nd opinion. His vet originally told me that he had luxating patella in both knees and that surgery was imminent. I'm so glad I got x-rays and had a professional tell me that he'll be okay. It is definitely a huge sigh of relief for me.
k3teejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!