View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 02:08 AM   #35
ajoyjoie
Yorkie Yakker

Add me to the list of people who will never take my dog to a Petsmart groomer. I took my Mocha to Petsmart simply because I didn't know anyone good enough as a groomer. I thought Petsmart should be fine enough since it seems like everyone goes there. Well, I took Mocha there and there was a new person being trained/on orientation. I wasn't told about this until after I came back to confront the groomer. I asked for a full service groom- bath, cut, comb, clip nails, clean ears, brush teeth (basically the works). When I went to pick Mocha up, he just kept shaking and shaking and wasn't his usual self. I thought it was a bit strange. He perked up a bit when he saw me. I got my receipt to pay the cashier and noticed a 10% discount. I asked them what the discount was all about? They told me it was a special going on. I didn't think anything about it. I then take Mocha to my car and pet him to inspect how he was groomed. Horrified, I noticed his 2 back legs, his pads on his feed were severely cut, cut so far deep that you could see the pink tissue. There were also several cuts (scabbed over with blood) along his neck, chest, and under his ears. They were hidden b/c his hair was covering them up. I only noticed them when I was carefully inspecting his hair. I took Mocha immediately back to the groomer and showed them what had happened. I confronted this groomer and told them I wanted a refund and wanted to complain to the manager. I asked them why they didn't tell me up front about the injuries. ALso, why didn't they bring him to Banfield (which was right next door) to have the injuries checked out?? They apologized to me but stated they were not going to give me a refund. There excuse was the fact that the groomer working on my dog was new and inexperienced. I said why didn't this groomer ask another groomer for help if she couldn't handle a toy dog? The groomer didn't say anything and stood there quiet. I then told them that I would never set food in a Petsmart groomer ever again. And I haven't been back. I was so traumatized by this, and I felt so guilty at what I put Mocha thru, that I didn't take him to another groomer for 6 months. Now I have a mobile groomer. She comes to my house with her grooming supplies in her van. And I watch her groom Mocha personally. I even help out sometimes! She is very gentle and KNOWS how to groom toy dogs like yorkies. So before anyone goes to a Petsmart groomer, if you do decide to go, please make sure the groomer working on your dog is not new! If you have been to a Petsmart groomer before, please make sure you go to the same groomer you have been with before. Or better yet, find a groomer that specialized in toy breeds like yorkies.
ajoyjoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!