View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 03:32 AM   #14
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

moxymo, I was curious about the Continental Airlines shipping arrangements and in my Google search also found that they also offer:
Jack Russell Terriers
Bernese Mountain Dogs
Cairn Terriers
Westie
Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers

AND the following came from the Continental site regarding shipping!

Continental Airlines:
800-575-3335
"Quick Pack" for live animals - cost is $175.00 [$169.00 + fuel freight and security sur-charge]

Cargo charge is figured city to city and by the dimensional weight of the carrier plus a fuel freight and security charge based on both actual and dimensional wieght. In explanation: a 100 series carrier, ex small, has a dimensional weight that is figured to be 18 lbs. and the small carrier is figured with a dimensional weight of 33 lbs. Generally, the cargo charge to ship a kitten/cat will be $95.63 plus $5.00 fuel weight and security sur-charge or $100.63.

Note: Because of their Quick Pack service for live animals and its consequent safety to the animals, Continental only offers cargo shipment of live animals in the Spring months.

I recently flew from Atlanta to Denver with Toto on her first flight ... in cabin, under seat ... and she was absolutely traumatized!! They would not let me open her carrier on the plane and I had to endure the flight, listening to my baby's occasional "pleading" just to snuggle on my lap!!! At one point, I quietly slipped her out, wrapped her in my sweater and she didn't move or make a sound ... simply went to sleep ... one of the attendants saw her and summoned a male attendant, who rudely and loudly [as if I were wearing a hearing aide] said "Ma'am ... the DOG cannot be out of the carrier"! Before I could move to put her back, he repeated himself in the same tone as if I didn't hear him! I simply looked him in the eye and quietly said "I know" and placed her back in the carrier! Needless to say, that was the first flight on that airline ... and the last!!! I cannot imagine one stored like baggage and listening to the roaring sound in that compartment for that length of time!!!

My question is: How can a kennel breed over ten different breeds and properly care for them all? I would imagine that it would have to be a HUGE operation!! Have you seen their kennel? I hope that your puppy will turn out to be healthy after all your effort! Please keep us updated!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!