Thread: About attention
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

We see this concern a lot!!!!

My dogs are the same way - only, I'm single and they are this way with company, relatives, and friends. When these people come over, my dogs will have little to do with me and want to play with everyone else.

Simple answer ---- I'm their mom!!! They have me all day and take me for granted just like children do. They love me (probably the most), but I'm always there and there is nothing exciting or different about me. However, anyone they see less often or haven't seen for a while is a whole different thing. They are excited to see them and want to spend time with them and play with them. You're a stay-at-home mom. Your pup doesn't have to worry about losing you or not being able to see you for a while.

But like I tell everyone. No matter how many people are at my house - if my dogs ever get hurt or frightened ---you know who they run to. Me, of course.

Let your puppy enjoy your husband when he gets home. They deserve their time together too. I think it's great that your pup loves both of you so much.

There is no place for jealousy in a family ---- only love.

**** I think I can safely say that if the tables were turned - if your husband stay home during the day - and you went to work - your puppy would be happy to see you come home at night and want to spend that time with you.

Enjoy your family! Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!