View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Please let me give you an opinion from the oldest of 5 children, whose parents divorced when I was 12. My mom had been a stay-at-home mom until the divorce. My dad was supposed to pay our medical bills and $500 a month total in child support. He didn't pay a dime of anything for five years! To make a very long story short - he married our neighbor (after she divorced 6 months later) and parented her three kids - although she received child support. That was always his first responsiblity. Mom worked 3 jobs just to make the house payment, which wasn't that much. Within 6 months we were on welfare, food stamps and medicaid. That lasted until my mom finally received some good advice and garnered his wages. She didn't adjust child support for another 6 years and he complained bitterly about what little he was paying. Not only did they live in a very nice 3 bedroom condo, but he drove a Cadillac and they had a nice 5th wheel camper at a resort grounds along with a boat!!

It is wonderful to consider his feelings, but you need to do what is best for you and your children. Forget about any comments he may make to them, the kids know what you are going through and as adults will figure it out even more.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!