View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
Tiggerwit
Just me 'n my boys
Donating Member

Default ? for single custodial parents....

I'm in a quandary. I have a question for single parents who receive support and/or for the parent paying support.

Short story: I've been divorced for 4 years. My kids are now 16 & 15, at age 12 I was eligible to adjust child support, but I never have. In WA you can every 2 years. Anyway, I get 592 a month... however, I've really been struggling lately so I decided to adjust support. Gas has gone up, my rent has gone up, cost of living is up, their clothes are more now, there's medical bills... you get the idea. My ex and I have had an amicable divorce and a still friends. However, he was a tad upset by my decision. He doesn't really want to give me more money... again, you get the idea.

Anyway, I finally got his financial information and It's another 530 some dollars!!! yikes, Now here's my quandary. We need the money, but I don't want to create a hardship for him.... Am I being too nice nice and need to suck it up or what? What has been your guys' experience? I know it's what I need to do, I'm just having a hard time doing it. We've remained friendly so far and I don't want it to become an issue for the girls. Remarks have been made to them in the past about how I have all the money and stuff, and he's not real good about chipping in for above and beyond...

Alphy 's Roxy
Tiggerwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!