View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #8
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoodell
Hi , My name is Stephanie and I have a 3 year old spayed yorkie. Our family is very attached to her but over the last six months or so, she has had frequent pee accidents in my new home and of course, that is frustrating.
Our vet said nothing is medically wrong with her and that she probably needs to be retrained. Being a Mother to four, I just don't know if I want to do that all over again.
My question is this, is this common for yorkies to go backwards in their house training and also I have heard that it is very difficult to retrain them. Any opinions or feedback would be great.

Thanks,

Stephanie
You said 'new home' meaning you've moved recently? A change in her environment and routine would DEFINITELY cause her to regress in her training. If you haven't been there very long, she may just need time to adjust to the new surroundings (could take awhile). Everytime I move my furniture around in my apartment (which I love to do) Oscar gets all outta sorts and has a couple accidents - then gets back to his routine and back to the pee pads. She may have regressed because of the move and needs to be retrained a bit... I'm sure it wouldn't take her long to get back on track. I think this breed is actually quite smart and just as trainable as any other breed - just depends on your methods.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!