View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonYorkie
I didn't know this could even happen - I have a female yorkie in heat that I do not want bred this cycle. I have been carefully keeping her away from my yorkie stud. We have a 12 year old mixed breed that was neutered about 8 years ago. Last night I let him and my female yorkie outside to do their business. Before I knew it they were locked up! These dogs have been together for 2 years during other heat cycles and he has never even shown any interest in her! I have had him around other females in heat and he has never been interested. I am still totally shocked. I know there can't be any puppies - he doesn't have any testicles for pete's sake! But this was a new one for me! Has anyone else ever heard of this?
The testicles are not there but that doesn't mean that the urge was taken away, either. Yes, it can happen but since his testicles were removed 8 years ago, there is nothing to worry about.

You're fairly new...but your not GiGi of Blue Moon Yorkies...had to do a double take on that one!

Welcome to YT!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!