View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
Nikko's_human
Proudly owned by Nikko
Donating Member

Default According to Cesar, my dog is NOT healthy or happy...

I got the book Cesar's Way by Cesar Millan, and I have been reading it to better my relationship with Nikko and make him a "happier, more balanced dog". One of the things I just read was that dogs that run to the door when you come home are not really happy to see you, they are exerting dominance. Huh? I always looked forward to Nikko's little happy dance when I came home but the book says to ignore them until they calm down. I tried it yesterday and it tore my heart in two when my little boy was desperately trying to get my attention and I had to ignore him. The book also says to limit your affection only when the dog is calm. I spend the whole day hugging and kissing Nikko. The worse one was when I read that energetic and hyperactive dogs more than likely are unhappy and not healthy. I always thought Nikko's extra playfulness and never ending energy was normal yorkie behavior. What gives? I feel like the worse dog-mom and feel like I have caused my dog to have behavior issues. And here I went thinking I had a super friendly, sweet, loving and playful dog. Anyone else read the book? Am I not understanding him correctly? I really admire his work with dogs and I know he knows what he's talking about.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!