View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #4
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl000
Thanks, she will be a year in August. I am sure it wasn't excited pee because it was a lot. I was sitting with her and she laid at the bottom of of the furniture first and put her head down and then climbed to the top to pee so I'm sure it was planned. She never piddles. (excited pee)
I keep her in the kitchen and I crate trained her. I know that she has great bladder control because she can hold it overnight now. But if Bailey, my pug is not in the crate she decides to pee in it. If she is in the kitchen and NOT in the crate overnight she will pee. If I leave a blanket in there for her to sleep on she will lay on it and pee on it even right after a potty break. I didn't think that dogs like to pee where they sleep, but I guess she's different.
So in order to not have an accident in the past few months I keep her in the kitchen and at night she has to go in the crate with Bailey or she will pee. When I let her go outside she pees right away.
I guess what I'm asking is how do I move onto the next steps? It seems like if I break the crate training at night kitchen during the day thing she either gets confused or stops caring. Maybe it's because there is no fabric in the kitchen so she thinks it's okay to pee on fabric? When she was about 4 months old I had started her on wee wee pads and then I moved her to peeing outdoors. It's hot over here and I don't let them have blankets unless it was after their baths and she pees on them.
Thanks for any help.
How strange!!!!!!! So you're saying that what you are doing right now keeps her from pottying in the house, but if you change it up in any way then she goes potty in the house??? If that is the case, I would just keep doing what you are doing.

I really don't know anything about UTI, but maybe she has one?? Maybe you can ask the vet about it? I hate that you're having to go through this! I know it sux.

If it makes you feel better, my yorkie Hobbs who is 9 months old is fully potty trained, but in the beginning we crate trained him and had the hardest time. What ended up being the problem is that his crate was just too big. Maybe that is why your yorkie doesn't go potty in her crate when your pug is in there with her...bc having the pug in there makes the crate smaller. What we had to do was put a cardboard box in the back of the crate to make it literally half of its original size...we make it a 6"X6" crate. All had had room to do was stand up, turn around, and lay down. He never pottied in there once we made it smaller, and we were like you...we thought that he LIKED going potty where he slept! But I just don't think that is the case. Maybe you can try that...make her crate smaller and see what happens! Also, even though Hobbs is potty trained, every once in awhile he will just pee....he'll pee on me, on the bed, or really whereever he is laying. I think he just gets lazy and doesn't want to get up and go outside...or his bladder is so full that he just can't hold it anymore. This only happens once in a blue moon but when it does happen it is right when he wakes up.

So, I dunno if I've been any help or not. But I would try talking to your vet and try making her crate smaller. Please keep me updated. I am sure she will eventually get the hang of it.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!