View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
Jaxon's mom
Love my handsome boys
Donating Member

WELCOME TO YT!!!
Hang in there, these little furbabies can be stubborn!! I too started with puppy pads because of cold weather. Jaxon is 9 1/2 months now and was doing fantastic with paper training and then all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago he was having accidents all the time. I went back to confining him during the day (I work from home) - he hated it but I know it had to be done. I started figuring out when he pooped and tried to take him outside around those times. Now I've got him pooping outside twice a day along with a few pees, plus he's hitting the pads 100% of the time for pees when inside.

He seriously protested being confined - he would crash his food/water dish if we left. He has never really asked to go outside - I tried the bells but he just doesn't seem interested in them. Try to keep a fairly consistent schedule and I'm sure your baby will figure it out in time.

I've heard of other Yorkie owners still having trouble with much older dogs. You're not alone here. Just be patient and in time, it will all come together.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!