View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks, she will be a year in August. I am sure it wasn't excited pee because it was a lot. I was sitting with her and she laid at the bottom of of the furniture first and put her head down and then climbed to the top to pee so I'm sure it was planned. She never piddles. (excited pee)
I keep her in the kitchen and I crate trained her. I know that she has great bladder control because she can hold it overnight now. But if Bailey, my pug is not in the crate she decides to pee in it. If she is in the kitchen and NOT in the crate overnight she will pee. If I leave a blanket in there for her to sleep on she will lay on it and pee on it even right after a potty break. I didn't think that dogs like to pee where they sleep, but I guess she's different.
So in order to not have an accident in the past few months I keep her in the kitchen and at night she has to go in the crate with Bailey or she will pee. When I let her go outside she pees right away.
I guess what I'm asking is how do I move onto the next steps? It seems like if I break the crate training at night kitchen during the day thing she either gets confused or stops caring. Maybe it's because there is no fabric in the kitchen so she thinks it's okay to pee on fabric? When she was about 4 months old I had started her on wee wee pads and then I moved her to peeing outdoors. It's hot over here and I don't let them have blankets unless it was after their baths and she pees on them.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited by cheryl000; 07-11-2006 at 08:02 AM.
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!