View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
pauldo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thanks for your replies. The owner of the tiny male with a perfect topline was the one who actually told me that it is hard to find "tiny yorkies with a straight back" -- that's why I thought it was a trait associated with tiny yorkies rather than a genetic fault...

Believe it or not I've been looking for a "suitable" stud for a year. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada - people population is small and so is the yorkie population. Not finding one, I tried buying a male stud myself (disastrous experience that I have already written about under breeder reviews (Chaffins, Oklahamo) ---My pricey (by Saskatchewan standards) promised 2-3 pound yorkie stud turned into a whopping 8 pound boy.

YORKIEROSE: You're right about the puppies dying -- there could be many reasons. I forgot to mention that the same stud spent a week with two yorkie females that were in heat at the same time and got neither one of them pregnant -- my vet was hesitant in recommending to use this stud, so ... I guess I'm back to square one in my search!!!

Any ideas anyone????
pauldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!