Thread: 2 problems
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:01 AM   #3
Yorkie Owned
YT Addict

My pups are also 4 months old and I am in the process of housebreaking them. They do pretty well with it, but I have noticed that when we take them for a walk they will not go potty. They wait until we get back home then go in their normal designated spot outside in the yard. I think it has to do with their scent... it draws them back to that same spot. That may be why you are having a problem with her not always using the pee pad everytime. If she has potty someplace else, she can smell that she has went there before and may think it is ok to go there again. If you can locate the spot try a good carpet cleaner on that spot. There have been a couple of posts on here regarding how to make your own solution out of peroxide, baking soda and Dawn dish liquid. I have tried this and it does seem to remove the pee smell.
As for the barking issue, what I would do is get a spray bottle full of water and keep it by your computer desk. When she starts barking at you- give her a blast. It will get her attention fast, but it will not hurt her at all. After reading about this technique here on YT I am now a firm believer in the power of water. If you can catch them in the act of some undesirable behavior, a squirt of water gets the point across real quick. Since this is happening next to your desk and you are the object of her attention it should be easy to correct.
One of my yorkies will pester me when I am at my computer also. She doesn't bark but she will bounce off my leg every minute or so, she's like a child- trying to get my attention. "Look at me, look at me!!"
Yorkie Owned is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!