View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
Sadie's Mom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Cry I was so scared!!!

As I was writing my last post about Sadie getting away from me a couple of times this weekend, she walks up to me & wanted me to pick her up. She has had diarrhea a couple of times today & I decided to watch it & if it changed or didn't stop, then I would call the vet in the morning. So when I picked her up, I turned around & looked in the kitchen & there was a huge puddle of something. I turned on the light & she had had diarrhea again but this time there was more BLOOD than poo. OMG, I was so scared. So I called the emergency vet & they said to bring her in. So off we go at 9:00 at night to the vet. We just got home a few minutes ago. They said that she has colitis. She got an antibiotic shot, and I've got an antibiotic to give her. They also gave us a couple of cans of a food that is high in fiber. They want me to bring in a fecal sample tomorrow. They want to make sure that it isn't a worm/parasite. For now, he is treating it as if it is just a bacteria, but if it turns out to be something else, she'll get an additional med to go with the one we've already got. I was completely freaking out on the drive over there. There was so much blood. It was terrifying. So now I'm praying that she's ok & it looks like she will be, just got to get the meds down & let them do their job.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!