View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
tbradley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Rain Bailey Died early Friday morning!

Bailey died Friday morning. I had to wait before I could even come to this forum b/c I found this site for Bailey and I. Okay so this is what happened: Mike and I were in the spa and the dog followed us to the pool area and I guess while we were in the spa at some point he jumped in the pool, unfortunately we didnt hear him in the water. Mike heard a yelp and noticed Bailey trying to stay above water. Mike got him out of the pool and he was breathing heavy and shaking. Finally we got him inside and we kept him warm and dry. When I went to bed he appeared to be okay...although he was not active. He just slept on Mike. Mike went to bed at 2am and laid Bailey on the chair and he was breathing and alert. Mike woke up at 5am to check on Bailey and as he walked to the living room he noticed that Bailey was in the same exact position that he had left him before.

I was in bed sleeping and all the sudden I hear mike say from the living room "Oh Sh#t!" I quickly woke up and called out to Mike "Whats wrong? Is Bailey okay?" He brought him in the room and said, "No, hes dead!" we cried, actually I have been crying all day, even as I type this blog. Mike buried him in the backyard before the kids were up.

If anything came of this, I would have to say that we were glad it was not a child that drowned and it has made Mike and I more cautious around the pool especially with dogs...we never worried about Bailey b/c I always thought dogs could swim (if in the situation), but I think Bailey was too small to handle it. Bailey loved the water so much and I know that he is with my grandfather now. My Grandfather used to always tell people before he passed (5/2/06), my granddaughter has two yorkies and Im going to get one of them. I guess he was right!

Bailey was an awesome dog...our favorite dog and we have had a lot them. I hope he doesn't think I failed him!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!