View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 06:20 AM   #10
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

My philosophy is and always will be - if the animal is not suffering and in constant pain then I will do everything in my power to give the animal the best life it can possibly have while it is alive on this earth. I view animals like humans and we are not all born perfect and each person and animal has value while they are alive. They all can teach us something. I would not put down an animal just because it is old the same as my mother.

When it comes to adoption fee's and each organization is different but you are not paying for an individual dog but to support all rescue's that come through their program.

Adoption Fees

Our adoption fees are based on the age, size, health and temperament of the dog and can range from $50 - $750. A fellow rescue group wrote the following which sums it up for all rescue groups:

Recently someone asked, "Why would you charge $500 for a rescue pet? Why not just place it in a good home?" The answer is because we need adopters who are willing to support all rescue pets, not just the dog they adopt. A young, healthy dog might cost us $150-400 in vet care, and many people will want to adopt it. An older one with health issues can easily cost $500-1500 in veterinary expenses, and it may require months of foster care for rehabilitation; yet we can only ask a minimal adoption fee, and it may be a long time until anyone comes forward to adopt it. Fees from the younger, more adoptable dogs help offset the cost of caring for the others. Most of our dogs have a sad story to tell, and some have suffered through years of neglect or abuse. We hope that you too are willing to give an opportunity for a better life to ALL of our dogs by supporting them through adoption fees. Without these funds, our rescue efforts would not be possible."
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!